Following our previous involvement as Owner’s Engineer for a new ammonia plant, the client, a world leader in the field of specialty fertilizers from the Middle East, selected Fertilizer Industrial Services as Owner’s Engineer for a new nitric acid plant.
“FIS serves our company as owner representative for new Ammonia plant and Nitric Acid plant EPC projects. Fields of activities include technology selection, basic and detailed engineering. FIS dedication to the project, short response time, and professional attitude let us, as an owner to focus on our daily activities while we know that the project moves fluently forward while all details are being examined. FIS expertise and experience help us to make decisions that serve the projects with the best available technology and safety as well as cost-effectiveness.”
Client V.P. Research & Development
Our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in Nitric Acid technology, Reliability, and Maintenance, and Process Safety will work together with client engineers during Concept Select, FEED, and Detailed Design phase to select the best value engineering proposal according to client needs.
Fig 1. Fertilizer Industrial Services Ammonia Plants expertise
The scope of the agreement involves technical consultancy services covering nitric acid technology in parallel with ammonia process technology, mechanical and reliability, and process safety. Services to be provided include:
- Review EPC contractor deliverables,
- Provide input to CAPEX and OPEX,
- Provide input to schedule and cost,
- Check the conformance to technical engineering design standards,
- Provide input to vendor selection strategy.
Our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are highly experienced engineers with extensive background and daily involvement in engineering / design, commissioning, operation, maintenance and optimizing of multiple ammonia, urea, nitric acid, and ammonium nitrate plants. Our specialists have been involved in both EPC projects covering all technology licensors, and commissioning and operating of greenfield and brownfield facilities.
Fertilizer Industrial Services Owner’s Engineering support provided significant value to clients by:
- Making available the technical expertise that could be quickly mobilized to review design documentation and attend technical meetings,
- Providing independent engineering support for tasks deemed less suitable for execution by the EPC contractor (e.g. assessment of specific project risks).
- Providing on-demand support for evaluation of queries, non-conformances and findings that arose during the construction phase.