Define and install an effective site organisational structure incorporating clarified roles and responsibilities and aligned business goals.
- Take the organisation from unclear and overlapping roles and responsibilities to defined roles and responsibilities for each position in alignment with key processes and measures,
- Take functional groups operating independently to the structure designed to support integration between site functions
- Take incomplete culture of accountability and ownership and achieve full clarity of individual accountabilities and defined measures of success reviewed regularly.
- Take inconsistent front-line leadership roles operating in different capacities across the site to clearly defined and supported front-line leadership roles given the authority and accountability for safety and performance of their teams.
Over 6-month, Fertilizer Industrial Services developed a new organogram and clear strategic direction and organisational goals required to define success, and established clear definition and agreement of people selection process and criteria:
- Conducted a mission and vision workshop to define the strategic direction
- Developed an organisation design in accordance with strategic goals
- Established a people selection process to select individuals into clear roles
- Implementation activities to completely communicate new roles and in the future to define/address training gaps by position to employees who are operating in new roles according to redesigned processes and management systems